• This Property Is Being Sold By Auction, Terms And Conditions Apply
• Exciting Steading Conversion Opportunity
• Full Planning Permission Granted
• Extensive Grounds Of 1.38 Acres
• Additional Storage Shed And Stables
• Peaceful Rural Location
• Perfect Family Home Or Business Opportunity
We are delighted to present to auction this exciting steading conversion project near to the village of Kirkinner, around 10 miles south of Newton Stewart in Dumfries and Galloway.
The overall opportunity comprises a traditional stone-built farm barn, large renovated storage shed, and stables with tack and rug rooms and undercover yard. In addition, there are large grounds extending to approximately 1.38 acres which the current owners have divided into paddocks, allotments and chicken coups.
**Please Note there is no Agricultural tie to the property**.
Full planning permission has been granted by Dumfries and Galloway Council (application reference 19/1819/FUL) for conversion of the barn building into a two bedroom dwelling with open plan lounge/diner, kitchen, bathroom and utility room. The large storage shed and substantial grounds could potentially present further development opportunities subject, of course, to the required consents being granted.
With increasing demand for rural living, and also staycations, this outstanding development is sure to attract interest from both those looking to create a stunning family home in rural location, as well as from investors looking to profit from the strength of the serviced accommodation/holiday rental market in an area offering a wide range of options for outdoor enthusiasts.
Early viewing is recommended to fully appreciate the scale and value of the opportunity on offer.
Barn – 17.1 x 5.0m
Storage Shed – 14.1 x 8.1m
PLEASE NOTE: As per the T&C's an Auction fee and 10% deposit is due to be paid when your bid is successful.
North Balfern is situated around a mile from the village of Kirkinner which offers a local shop and primary school. A wider range of facilities is offered at Newton Stewart lying around 10 miles to the north, and the popular fishing village of Port William is around 8 miles to the south west. The main A75 trunk road is accessed at Newton Stewart offering road links to Dumfries and beyond.
Dumfries and Galloway Council application reference 19/1819/FUL
* Generally speaking Guide Prices are provided as an indication of each seller's minimum expectation, i.e. 'The Reserve'. They are not necessarily figures which a property will sell for and may change at any time prior to the auction. Virtually every property will be offered subject to a Reserve (a figure below which the Auctioneer cannot sell the property during the auction) which we expect will be set within the Guide Range or no more than 10% above a single figure Guide.
View a Virtual Tour
By setting a proxy bid, the system will automatically bid on your behalf to maintain your position as the highest bidder, up to your proxy bid amount. If you are outbid, you will be notified via email so you can opt to increase your bid if you so choose.
If two of more users place identical bids, the bid that was placed first takes precedence, and this includes proxy bids.
Another bidder placed an automatic proxy bid greater or equal to the bid you have just placed. You will need to bid again to stand a chance of winning.